Now that Your Building Is Complete, Make Sure It’s Properly Insured against Theft and Damage

What does property insurance cover?

  • Building or Greenhouse
  • Personal property (furniture, permanently installed equipment, )
  • Cannabis Inventory
  • Property in Transit
  • Equipment
  • Loss of Income

Covers losses due to a multitude of hazards including:

  • Fire
  • Water
  • Explosion
  • Theft
  • Vandalism

Theft is the number one exposure for most as it relates to property coverage, especially for a dispensary. Break ins are a concern for cannabis businesses. Property coverage steps in in the event of a theft.

Some cannabis business owners have to transport their own finished stock. The vehicles carrying that product are a target. With product being transported in your vehicles, you want to make sure you have some coverage for property in transit.

Damage to your property itself will also be covered under your property policy whether it be your building, greenhouseor equipment subject to policy terms.

Contact NCIS with your questions or to get started with property and greenhouse insurance.